n.個性;名人;特色
名詞復數: personalities
/">大學英語考研英語大綱詞匯單詞大全n.(名詞)個性
人格
品格
【心】性格
人身攻擊
誹謗
人的存在
名士
為人
容貌
人物批評
【地】地勢
特色
n.(名詞)[C]人格,個性 characteristics and qualities of a person seen as a whole
[C]名人,名士 famous person
[P]人身攻擊,誹謗 critical or impolite remarks about a person
noun
1. the complex of all the attributes--behavioral, temperamental, emotional and mental--that characterize a unique individual
e.g. their different reactions reflected their very different personalities
it is his nature to help others
2. a person of considerable prominence
e.g. she is a Hollywood personality
1. 個性;性格
Your personality is your whole character and nature.
e.g. She has such a kind, friendly personality...
她個性善良友好。
e.g. Through sheer force of personality Hugh Trenchard had got his way...
休·特倫查德完全憑著個人魅力就能隨心所欲。
2. 強烈的(或鮮明的)個性;個性鮮明的人
If someone has personality or is a personality, they have a strong and lively character.
e.g. ...a woman of great personality...
極有個性的女人
e.g. He is such a personality — he is so funny.
他很有個性魅力——非常風趣。
3. (娛樂界或體育界的)名流,名人,風云人物
You can refer to a famous person, especially in entertainment, broadcasting, or sport, as a personality.
e.g. ...the radio and television personality, Jimmy Saville.
廣播電視界風云人物,吉米·薩維爾
personality, character, disposition, nature, temper
就組詞意義相近。personality指日常表現出來的“性格”; character作“性格”解,指一個人真正的根深蒂固的、永久具有的內在的本質; disposition意為“性癖”,強調一個人對其周圍的生活所表現的一貫的態度; nature指天生的、無法改變的性格或品質,有時也指“脾氣”; temper可作“脾氣”解,指心境的好壞。
以上就是本站詳細整理的詞語personality是什么意思的翻譯解釋,供大家參考一下。
The study found that some alcoholics had clear personality traits showing up early in childhood.(這項研究發現一些酗酒者早在孩童時就表現出明顯的個性特征。)
His wife has a strong personality.(他妻子的個性很強。)
With her striking looks and charismatic personality, she was noticed far and wide.(她以出眾的相貌和富有魅力的個性聞名遐邇。)
She has such a kind, friendly personality.(她有著如此友善的性格。)
One forensic psychiatrist described him as having an incurable antisocial personality disorder.(一位法庭精神病醫生將他描述為患有不可治愈反社會人格障礙。)
I did not really object to Will's behaviour so much as his personality.(我與其說是反感威爾的行為,還不如說是討厭他的個性。)
Kerrie Mae had an extraordinary, incandescent personality.(嘉利?梅個性鮮明,熱情洋溢。)
Your clothes are often a reflection of your personality.(穿著常常反映出一個人的個性。)
His footballing skills and extrovert personality won the hearts of the public.(他的足球技巧和外向的個性贏得了公眾的心。)
There are likely to be tensions and personality clashes in any social group.(任何社會團體都容易出現關系緊張和性格沖突。)
求職面試
B:What is your strongest trait?
你個性上最大的特點是什么?
A:Helpfulness and caring./Adaptability and sense of humor./Cheerfulness and friendliness.
樂于助人和關心他人。/適應能力和幽默感/樂觀和友愛。
personality
B:How would your friends or colleagues describe you?
你的朋友或同事怎樣形容你?
A:They say Mr. Chen is an honest, hardworking and responsible man who deeply cares for his family and friends./They say Mr. Chen is a friendly, sensitive, caring and determined person.
他們說陳先生是位誠實、工作努力,負責任的人,他對家庭和朋友都很關心。/他們說陳先生是位很友好、敏感、關心他人和有決心的人。
B:What personality traits do you admire?
你欣賞哪種性格的人?
A:(I admire a person who is)honest, flexible and easy-going./(I like) people who possess the "can do" spirit.
誠實、不死板而且容易相處的人。/有"實際行動"的人。
相貌
A:Do you think appearances are important?
你認為相貌重要嗎?
B:If you’re superficial, appearances can be important.
如果你比較膚淺,相貌就會很重要。
A:Don’t you think everyone is a bit superficial?
你不認為每個人都有點膚淺嗎?
B:I guess maybe a little. But in the end, it’s someone’s personality that’s important. Why do you ask?
我想大概都有一點兒。但是最終還是一個人的性格重要。你為什么問這個?
personality在線翻譯
A:I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m worried that someone more attractive than me will get the job.
我明天有一個工作面試。我擔心長得比我有吸引力的人會得到這個工作。
B:You can’t be serious.
你不會是認真的吧。
A:I’ve read many articles about how attractive people get higher salaries than ugly people.
我讀過許多關于長得好看的人比長得不好看的人如何如何得到更高的薪水的文章。
B:You can’t believe everything you read.
你不能相信你所讀到得所有內容。
A:I know, but I think it’s accurate to say that people like attractive people.
我明白。但我認為,確切地說,人們的確喜歡有魅力的人。
B:I guess that may be true sometimes, but I know that’s not always the case.
我想有時的確是這樣的。但就我所知,事實也并不總是如此。
A:Why’s that?
為什么?
personality的解釋
B:Well, I’m not particularly handsome, and I’ve got a great job!
這個…我就并不特別英俊,而我卻有一份好工作。
Character-(性格)
A:Have you heard the news about Michael?
你聽到有關邁克爾德消息了嗎?
B:No, David, what happened?
沒有,大衛。發生什么事了。
personality是什么意思
A:Well, I heard that he was arrested.
噢,我聽說他被逮捕了。
personality的近義詞
B:What? Arrested? For what?
什么,被逮捕了,為什么?
A:Apparently, he got in a fight at a bar.
顯然是他卷入了一場酒吧斗毆。
personality是什么意思
B:I don’t believe it! He wouldn’t hurt a fly!
我不相信,他心地那么善良,連只蒼蠅都不會傷害。
A:I agree with you. He’s usually so calm.
是啊,而且他通常都很冷靜。
B:Maybe he was just trying to be a good Samaritan.
也許他只是在幫助陷入麻煩的人。
A:That’s possible. I can’t picture him trying to start a fight with someone.
很可能,我無法想象他會挑起與別人的爭端。
B:Now that I think about it, though, I do remember him being a bit aggressive once.
說得對,既然想到這兒,我的確記得他有一次曾有些好斗。
A:Maybe he’s one of those people whose personality changes a lot when he drinks.
也許他是那種一旦喝酒性格就大變的人。
personality
B:Does he often drink?
他常喝酒嗎?
A:No, in fact I’ve only seen him drink once… and that was when I saw him behaving oddly.
不經常,事實上我只見他喝過一次酒,也就是那次我見到他舉止有些反常。
personality的翻譯
B:Some people are not what they seem.
有些人不能單從表面判斷。
personality的解釋
A:However, in all fairness, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
不管怎樣,為了公平起見,我們不應匆忙下結論。
B:You’re right. We don’t even know if he was actually arrested or not?
你說得對。我們甚至還不知道他是否真的被逮捕了呢。
A:Shall we call him?
我們給他打電話嗎?
B:Ok, let me just get my phone… “Hello, Michael? It’s Samantha… I’m fine. Are you alright?... Your brother was mugged?...”
好吧,讓我拿出我的電話。“你好!邁克爾嗎?我是薩曼薩…我很好。你好嗎?你弟弟被搶劫了嗎?…”
用作名詞(n.)
His personality is in good taste.These capacities constitute personality, for they imply consciousness and thought.