adj.中途的;不徹底的
adv.半路地;在…中間;折中地
/">蘇教版譯林牛津高中單詞大全adj
1. equally distant from the extremes
Synonym: center(a)middle(a)midway
2. including only half or a portion
e.g. halfway measures
3. at a point midway between two extremes
e.g. at the halfway mark
adv
1. at half the distance
at the middle
e.g. he was halfway down the ladder when he fell
Synonym: midway
1. (空間上)在中間,在中途
Halfway means in the middle of a place or between two points, at an equal distance from each of them.
e.g. Half-way across the car-park, he noticed she was walking with her eyes closed...
走到停車場中間時,他看到她在閉著眼走路。
e.g. He was halfway up the ladder...
他正爬到梯子一半。
2. (時間)到一半;(事情)進行到中途
Halfway means in the middle of a period of time or of an event.
e.g. By then, it was October and we were more than halfway through our tour.
那時已是10月,我們已經完成了行程的一大半了。
3. 對…作部分讓步;與…妥協
If you meet someone halfway, you accept some of the points they are making so that you can come to an agreement with them.
halfway什么意思
e.g. The Democrats are willing to meet the president halfway.
民主黨人愿意向總統作部分讓步。
4. 過得去地;大致上
Halfway means reasonably.
e.g. You need hard currency to get anything halfway decent...
你得有硬通貨才能買到還算不錯的東西。
e.g. All I had to do was be halfway cool.
我要做的只是保持適度的冷靜。
1. 中途的:halfway house 小客棧 | halfway 中途的 | halibut 大比目魚
2. 中途的, 部分的, 不徹底的,半路地:half-round file 半圓銼 | halfway 中途的, 部分的, 不徹底的,半路地, | handling 處理(技術,方法)
以上就是本站詳細整理的詞語halfway是什么意思的翻譯解釋,供大家參考一下。
He left halfway through the ceremony.(他在儀式進行到一半時離開了。)
I'm afraid we're not even halfway there yet.(恐怕我們連一半的路都還沒走完。)
Halfway down the cigarette she had a fit of coughing.(煙抽到一半時,她一陣咳嗽。)
There is the bird, sitting on a twig halfway up the tree.(鳥兒在那里,棲息在樹中段的一根細枝上。)
Nilrikman and others of the halfway research group have done some research into the differences between average and good negotiators.(尼爾瑞克曼和其他進程到達一半的研究小組成員對一般談判者和優秀談判者之間的差異做了一些研究。)
Don't give up halfway, and you will find the scenery is more beautiful when you reach the destination than when you started off.(不要半途而廢,你會發現,當你到達目的地時看到的風景比出發時看到的更美。)
I halfway expected her to tell me it was none of my business.(我一半指望她會告訴我這不關我的事。)
You need hard currency to get anything halfway decent.(你得有硬通貨才能買到像樣點兒的東西。)
We had got only halfway when it began to get dark.(走到半路,天就黑了。)
Halfway through this remarkable quotation, the girl morphs into the monk.(這段精彩的引用念到一半,女孩變成了修道士。)
電影演員
A:Who’s your favorite actor?
你最喜歡哪位演員?
B:Tom Cruise, of course!
當然是湯姆克魯茲了。
A:You’ve got to be kidding me! He’s horrible!
不是開玩笑吧,他很討厭。
B:He may be a strange person in real life, but he’s a talented actor.
也許在現實生活中,他是個怪人,但他是個天才演員。
A:He used to be. He was good in Rain Man, Jerry McGuire, and Cocktail. But the films he’s done recently aren’t worth seeing.
他過去是這樣。他在《雨人》《征服情海》《花心情圣》中都有上佳表演。但他最近的片子卻不值得一看。
B:Do you mean that you didn’t like Mission Impossible III?
你的意思是你不喜歡看《碟中諜3》嗎?
A:That’s exactly what I mean. I actually left the theater halfway through the film!
就是這個意思,這場電影我只看了一半就離開了電影院。
halfway的反義詞
B:Who’s your favorite actor?
你最喜歡哪位演員?
A:I like John Cusack.
我喜歡約翰庫薩克。
B:What’s your favorite John Cusack’s film?
你最喜歡他演的哪部電影?
A:I like one of his older ones, Say Anything. Have you seen it?
我喜歡他演的一部老電影《情到深處》。你看過嗎?
B:Sure, that’s a good film.
當然,這是部不錯的電影。
A:Some people say that he always plays the same role. Do you think that makes him a bad actor?
一些人說他總是演相同的角色,你覺得這有損他的名聲嗎?
halfway的解釋
B:Not necessarily. Maybe he just knows what he does well and sticks withthat.
那倒不會,也許是因為他知道自己擅長演哪類角色才專注于此。
A:Regardless, I think he’s great.
不管怎樣,我都覺得他是個好演員。
In science, there are fields which are a gift for any half-way decent PR Officer.